Monday 24 November 2008

Filming

Practise day- In order to get a feel for the camera and shooting on site we opted to have a practise filming day, in which we would shoot the more complex shots. This enabled use to change are storyboard if nessesary for the shots that wern't sucsessfull enough. My role in the practice day was both operating the camera and acting. I played the role of the common sence character- Josh. My role in oprating the camera was vital as I was then able to lend my opinion to the sucsess of each shot and the option of changing some of the more complex scenes.

The practice day was also essential for chosing the individual filming locations on the hill itself. I guided the group about the hill so we could make a collective disision on the ideal shooting spots.

Final filming piece- The results of the practice day enabled us to make changes for the final shots. Again my role on the day was filming and acting. I also was responsible for finding the individual locations on the hill for each scene. I was responsible for shooting a number of the scenes including many for the more dynamic shots. I shot the P.O.V shots from both the villain and George, and the ending shot were george is pulled away. My role in acting was also important in giving convincing lines so to keep the mood of the film flowing.

The final day of filming was a great sucsess. Much of its sucess was due to the practice day which enabled us to spend less time on planning on the final day. I was pleased with my own contribution to the group as effort was required from every member in order to produce the quality piece we all hoped for.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well done Josh, you keep an up-to-date log of your progress!